Sunday 11 May 2008

Beware of Fraudulent Emails

Aside from fake love interests, online dating is also a playground for other scams.

You may get an email which is something like this:-

Dear Sir/Madam

I am the son/daughter/benefactor of Doctor M Mudhabi, who recently passed away. He left in his wake the sum of $10,000,000 to which I am the sole inheritor. The problem is that I am a minor and the only way I can receive the money is for a sponsor to have the money paid into his/her account. If you help me I will let you keep $5,000,000. Please get back to me as a matter of urgency.

Please email I_AM_A_SCAMMER@YAHOO.COM

I think the above 'example' email says it all really, but some people are too trusting and hopefully this information will help them steer clear of such scams.

No comments: